- Exclusively recreated by the finest Portuguese Craftsmen
- Made in Portugal
- The beautifully hand-painted XVIIth century faience piece is an authentic reproduction of the era, originally created by oriental craftsmen
- Each piece is personally signed by the artist
- Dimensions: 13.5" x 8" x 1.25" (L x W x H) Inches
- Ref #214-2
- Please note each piece is unique. No two pieces are alike since these pieces are painstakingly hand painted.
Coimbra, in the center of Portugal, has produced ceramics for many centuries and possesses the oldest written document (1145) related to national ceramics.
The pottery of Coimbra represents the Eastern tradition - porcelains of China that were brought back by the sailors during the time of the discoveries - and also the influence of the Arab style.
Since 1960, there have also been ceramics produced that were inspired by the important Roman ruins of Conimbriga that exist nearby.
The pieces are decorated and distinguished by the following characteristics: 17th century blue drawings and color drawing (both inspired by the scenes of hunts), 15th century design under Arab influence, and 18th century drawing with feathers and plumage's of exotic birds that produce a unique effect giving the dishes a unique characteristic that it is impossible to confuse with any other.
All ceramics are hand painted and no single piece is alike. These hand painted pieces will add charm and character to any table or home.