- This sardine conveys the festive spirit of a typical Lisbon quarter. Is a window of Alfama full of life, adorned with precept, ready to receive Lisbon festivities, the city’s most colorful nights.
- Decorative Sardines With 7.5 " Inches Length
- Made in Portugal
- Made With High Quality Colors And Decals
- All The Decorating Process In Each Sardine Is Manual
- Each Bordallian sardine is wrapped in a original packaging to simulate a sheet of newspaper, in a throwback to the tradition of the sale of this fish in Lisbon, dating back to the XVIII century
- Decorative Faience
The Sardine collection by Bordallo Pinheiro results from a collaboration between the Earthenware Factory of Caldas da Rainha, founded in 1884 by Raphael Bordallo Pinheiro, EGEAC (Lisbon’s Cultural and Animation municipal entity). And Lisbon’s City Council.
The original Bordallo Pinheiro’s Sardine, designed in the XIX century, due to its classic three-dimensional nature, became the ideal support for receiving the creative work that EGEAC develops since 2003, within Lisbon’s Festivities, which transformed the sardine, iconic fish of Portuguese culture and gastronomy, an international icon of the city and of Summer celebrations of the Portuguese capital.