- Authentic Hand-Painted Floral Design: Each roaster is hand-painted by skilled artisans, showcasing vibrant floral patterns that reflect the beauty of Portuguese culture. The unique designs make every piece a work of art, adding a touch of sophistication to your dining table.
- Made in Portugal: Crafted with pride in Portugal, the roaster encapsulates the country's centuries-old tradition of pottery making. This ensures the authenticity and quality of each piece, making it a true representation of Portuguese craftsmanship.
- Lead and Cadmium Free: Our roaster is created with health and safety in mind. It's made without the use of lead and cadmium, ensuring that your culinary creations remain free from harmful substances and safe for your family and guests.
- Enhance Party Atmosphere: Perfect for parties and gatherings, the terracotta sausage roaster creates a cozy and inviting atmosphere. Its exquisite design serves as a conversation starter, sparking discussions about Portuguese culture and cuisine among your guests.
- Measurements: 11" x 6" x 2" (LxWxH)
Instructions For Use:The Portuguese Traditional Terracotta Clay Sausage Roaster is meant to roast Portuguese sausage (chouriço). The Portuguese call the process of grilling sausage over an open flame Chouriço a Bombeiro. Chouriço a Bombeiro is typically eaten as an appetizer and will leave your guests with long lasting memories.
In order to use the Portuguese Traditional Terracotta Clay Sausage Roaster it must first be fully submerged in water for a full 24 hours in order to cure the dish. This procedure only needs to be done once before its first use, but may need to be repeated if the roaster is not used for an extended period of time.
To make Chouriço a Bombeiro, simply pour alcohol (80 proof or higher) into the Sausage Roaster. The more alcohol in the roaster, the longer the flame will last. Traditionally, the sausage is left whole but with slices about one inch apart along the top. Ignite the alcohol using a match or lighter. Rotate the sausage every minute until desired crispiness is achieved. Then, serve!