- Hand Hammered in the North of Portugal
- Made From 2mm-gauge Copper
- Various Sizes Available
- Made in Portugal
- Ideal for gas and electric cook tops
- Oven and broiler safe
- Allow pan to cool before washing
- Hand-wash; dry immediately with a soft cloth
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads or harsh detergents
- Copper will develop a rich patina over time. This will not affect the pan's cooking performance. To keep the exterior looking new, use a copper polish or a combination of lemon and salt
This is the traditional paella pan that has been used in Spain for centuries. This copper paella pan is a work of art on your table, or displayed on your kitchen wall. Hammered in Portugal, this pan adds a touch of rustic beauty when serving paella. But even more than that, copper paella pans produce the finest paellas. Copper is a superior conductor, and copper paella pans conduct heat so well that you can simmer your paella at a lower temperature, thereby preserving some of the subtle flavors of your broth and the ingredients. With a copper paella pan, you do not need the higher heat required of stainless or rolled steel paella pans.
The heavy gauge copper (14 gauge, 2 mm) is lined with tin to provide the ideal combination of heat conduction and a hygienic practical cooking surface. Your copper pan is oven safe, and can be used on gas, electric and ceramic burners. Your copper paella pan requires no seasoning, simply wash with warm soapy water before first use. Use only wood or plastic cooking utensils to avoid scratching the paella pan. To preserve the luster of the copper, wash by hand after each use and dry thoroughly. Copper tends to tarnish, so you will need to use copper polish to restore the original shine from time to time.