- Hand-Painted Artistry: Each roaster is meticulously hand-painted by skilled artisans, ensuring a unique and beautiful design that reflects the rich Portuguese cultural heritage.
- Authentic Portuguese Craftsmanship: Proudly made in Portugal, these roasters embody centuries-old craftsmanship, preserving the traditions and techniques passed down through generations.
- Unique Designs: No two roasters are alike. The diversity in design adds an element of surprise and exclusivity to every purchase, making it a delightful collector's item.
- Variety of Sizes: Available in five different sizes, from small to extra-large, catering to various cooking needs and family sizes. Whether you're roasting a chicken or preparing a hearty stew, there's a size for you.
- Health-Conscious Materials: Your well-being is our top priority. Crafted from lead and cadmium-free terracotta, this roaster ensures that your food remains pure and uncontaminated. Cook with confidence, knowing that your culinary creations are free from harmful elements.
- Heat Retention: Terracotta's natural properties help retain heat, keeping your meals warm and inviting, even after they're taken out of the oven.
- Stylish Kitchen Decor: These hand-painted roasters double as stylish kitchen decor pieces. Display them proudly when not in use, adding a touch of Portuguese charm to your kitchen.
- Roaster comes with handle on only one side.
- Sizes: (HxWxL)
- #0: 2.5" x 6.5" x 8.75"
- #1: 2.5" x 8" x 11"
- #2: 3" x 9" x 13"
- #3: 3" x 10.5" x 15.75"
- #4: 3.5" x 11.75" x 17.25"
- #5: 3.5" x 12.5" x 19.25"
Instructions For Use:
- Upon first use, the terracotta should be washed thoroughly with warm water. (Avoid detergent or soap as this will likely block the delicate pores).
- After washing, submerge the entire piece(s) in lukewarm water for at least 4 hours (up to overnight) and prepare to use it for the first time without letting it completely dry. This is to stress relieve the product and only needs to be done before the first use. After this, you can use the product normally.
- When using over a direct flame, begin with low heat before gradually increasing the temperature. A heat diffuser is recommended to evenly spread out heat from burner to the bottom of the terracotta to prevent breaking and encourage even cooking. Avoid sudden temperature changes.
- If using for roasting or baking, place the food filled terracotta in a cold oven to allow for gradual heating. Once removed from the heat, let the terracotta cool down on a potholder or dish towel instead of a cold surface.
- After use, soak and wash in warm water then dry carefully and leave the piece in the open to dry thoroughly.
- Do not use on electric or glass top stoves. Can be used in ovens, wood burning ovens, on gas stoves, microwaves, or grills
- Avoid thermal shock: Example; placing cold liquids into a very hot pot. Never subject cookware to large temperature changes.
- Washing is recommended to be done by hand and cookware stored in a well ventilated location.
- Terracotta is a natural clay product and initially will be porous. After multiple uses, the item will become “cured” and only get better at cooking as time goes on.
Experience culinary artistry with Ceramic Edgar's Picas Terracotta collection. Handcrafted with precision, each piece embodies the timeless tradition of terracotta craftsmanship while showcasing the artists unique touch. Elevate your cooking and dining moments with these exquisite, terracotta creations that seamlessly blend functionality and aesthetics.
I usually collect ceramics whenever I travel, esp. in Spain or Mexico, and now from Portugal. It's beautiful displayed on my cookbook shelves and is the perfect size for baking in my toaster oven. The design is well painted and the ceramic very smooth.
I use my beautiful pottery pieces in my decor around my living area as a unique touch of my heritage.
Roasts chicken effortlessly and lovely design as well
Product very nice ! I like it