- Made in Portugal Craftsmanship: Crafted with care in the heart of Portugal, this roaster embodies the rich heritage and skilled artistry of the region. Each piece is meticulously handcrafted by local artisans, ensuring a unique and authentic touch in every detail.
- Artisanal Hand-Painted Designs: Elevate your cooking experience with intricate hand-painted designs that reflect the vibrant culture and natural beauty of Portugal. These artistic motifs not only make the roaster a functional kitchen tool but also a stunning decorative piece that adds charm to your dining space. No two pots are alike. The diversity in design adds an element of surprise and exclusivity to every purchase, making it a delightful collector's item.
- Lead and Cadmium-Free Composition: Prioritizing your health and safety, the terracotta roaster is meticulously crafted using materials that are free from harmful lead and cadmium. This commitment to safety ensures that your culinary creations remain untainted and healthy for you and your loved ones.
- High-Quality Terracotta Construction: The roaster's durable terracotta construction provides even heat distribution, making it ideal for slow roasting and baking. This material also retains heat effectively, ensuring that your dishes stay warm and flavorful for longer periods.
- Sizes (diameter is taken from inside top part of pot) (capacity is measured by how much the pot can hold at most):
- N.1: 5.75" x 3.25" (DxH) , 1.25 qt. (5 cups)
- N.2: 7.25" x 4" (DxH) , 2.5 qt. (10 cups)
- N.3: 8" x 4.5" (DxH) , 3.5 qt. (14 cups)
- N.4: 9.25" x 4.5" (DxH) , 5 qt. (20 cups)
- N.5: 10.5" x 5" (DxH) , 6.5 qt. (26 cups)
Instructions For Use:
- Upon first use, the terracotta should be washed thoroughly with warm water. (Avoid detergent or soap as this will likely block the delicate pores).
- After washing, submerge the entire piece(s) in lukewarm water for at least 4 hours (up to overnight) and prepare to use it for the first time without letting it completely dry. This is to stress relieve the product and only needs to be done before the first use. After this, you can use the product normally.
- When using over a direct flame, begin with low heat before gradually increasing the temperature. A heat diffuser is recommended to evenly spread out heat from burner to the bottom of the terracotta to prevent breaking and encourage even cooking. Avoid sudden temperature changes.
- If using for roasting or baking, place the food filled terracotta in a cold oven to allow for gradual heating. Once removed from the heat, let the terracotta cool down on a potholder or dish towel instead of a cold surface.
- After use, soak and wash in warm water then dry carefully and leave the piece in the open to dry thoroughly.
- Do not use on electric or glass top stoves. Can be used in ovens, wood burning ovens, on gas stoves, microwaves, or grills
- Avoid thermal shock: Example; placing cold liquids into a very hot pot. Never subject cookware to large temperature changes.
- Washing is recommended to be done by hand and cookware stored in a well ventilated location.
- Terracotta is a natural clay product and initially will be porous. After multiple uses, the item will become “cured” and only get better at cooking as time goes on.
Great merchant!...Order chipped out the next day as promised and came in a well wrapped package. Very happy with the purchase.
I love it, it came safely packaged. No issues with the item nor the shipping.
The pot is so beautiful and sits out on my stove at all times. I made my first pot of beans and they came out flawless! I highly recommend this beautiful pot!
Thank you Portugalia ❤️
A very good piece of pottery made in Portuguese . I M going to collect the rest of the set and know that it will be in my family for years. Highly recommend.
Gorgeous clay pot, huge