- Material: Clay - Terracotta, Lead Free
- Hand Painted, Designs may Vary
- Made in Portugal
- 2 Available Sizes
Instructions For Use
- Upon first use, the terracotta should be washed thoroughly with warm water. (Avoid detergent or soap as this will likely block the delicate pores).
- After washing, submerge the entire piece(s) in lukewarm water for at least 4 hours (up to overnight) and prepare to use it for the first time without letting it completely dry. This is to stress relieve the product and only needs to be done before the first use. After this, you can use the product normally.
- When using over a direct flame, begin with low heat before gradually increasing the temperature. A heat diffuser is recommended to evenly spread out heat from burner to the bottom of the terracotta to prevent breaking and encourage even cooking. Avoid sudden temperature changes.
- If using for roasting or baking, place the food filled terracotta in a cold oven to allow for gradual heating. Once removed from the heat, let the terracotta cool down on a potholder or dish towel instead of a cold surface.
- After use, soak and wash in warm water then dry carefully and leave the piece in the open to dry thoroughly.
- Do not use on electric or glass top stoves. Can be used in ovens, wood burning ovens, on gas stoves, microwaves, or grills
- Avoid thermal shock: Example; placing cold liquids into a very hot pot. Never subject cookware to large temperature changes.
- Washing is recommended to be done by hand and cookware stored in a well ventilated location.
- Terracotta is a natural clay product and initially will be porous. After multiple uses, the item will become “cured” and only get better at cooking as time goes on.
I have bought several terracotta pieces from Portugalia. Always fast shipping with good quality at a fair price point. Would recommend this company.
Just what I was looking for. Delivery was so fast. Would order from portugalia again since I can't get to Portugal now.